Profile & History
Aspera Technologies Inc.
Aspera is a highly specialized provider of software license management solutions for large organizations. Our unique license-centric approach has been successfully implemented in international projects since 2000.
Hundreds of enterprises with over 500 million entitlements - including numerous Fortune 500 companies - rely on Aspera's license management expertise.
Our 100% web-based license management system, SmartTrack, uses optimized processes to consolidate the contract, procurement, installation and usage data of existing data sources to a high-quality overall picture. Instead of having to rely on various unstructured portfolio and usage analyses, our customers have direct and reliable access to up-to-date information at the click of a button. Today, Aspera performs projects both as a full-service provider and in close cooperation with partners.
Our mission is to deliver Strategic License Management, the full spectrum of Software License Management needs, to our customers from one source: Aspera; providing unbeatably innovative, scalable and easy to handle technology to large organizations as well as expert services that always have the customers' needs in view.
- Aspera is founded by Christof Beaupoil, Bernhard Boehler, and Keith Sauvant
- Introduced SKU catalog-based software license management to the industry
- Products include: SmartTrack (ST), Inventory Connect Module (ICM), and Contract Management Module (CMM)
- German engineering: Product development is based in Germany
- Full-service hosting in own Aspera data center
- First Cloud service offering for global customers
- Pure organic growth: Aspera employees hit the double digits - 10
- First international partner in the UK
- FlowControl Module (FC) is added to product portfolio
- Aspera more than doubles growth in 2 years: employs 25 professionals
- 8 of the Top 10 companies on the German Stock Index (DAX) use Aspera
- Financial Module (FM) is added to product portfolio
- The Aspera Team increases to 38 professionals
- SmartTrack version 3.0 released with Metric Engines for server software - the industry's first technology to automatically calculate server metrics
- SmartTrack is the first SAM Tool that considers virtualization and cluster topologies
- Partners established in Australia, Germany, Middle East, Scandinavia, The Netherlands, and UK
- Aspera joins the USU Software Group, partnership with USU AG (51% share)
- With staggering growth in market demand for Managed Services and consulting Aspera grows to 58 professionals
- Continued growth in Managed Services, consulting areas and technology development
- LaaS - License management as a Service - introduced making Aspera the only full-service license management solution provider
- CODiE Award winner for Best Asset Management and Best Web Services Solution
- Aspera Technologies is incorporated in the United States
- Aspera becomes wholly owned by USU Software AG
- Management Module (MM) is added to product portfolio
- Aspera's LaaS service lands the Best IT Service award from Network Products Guide
- ECPweb.com certifies Aspera and SmartTrack as the Market Leader amongst 23 tool providers
- KPMG Germany certifies SmartTrack with a 100% in all tested categories
- Aspera lands a Silver Stevie International Business Award for exceptional Product Development
- Aspera launches Strategic License Management, a comprehensive approach to license management that goes beyond compliance
- Optimization & Simulation Module (OSM) is added to product portfolio
- More than 200 enterprises rely on Aspera's license management technology, including 35 Fortune Global 500 Companies
- Company founded: 2000 in Aachen, Germany
- Established in the United States: 2012 in Boston, MA
- Legal form: Incorporated
- President: Christof Beaupoil
- Parent Company: USU Software AG
- Number of employees: 102
- Products: SmartTrack with ICM - Inventory Connect Module and CMM - Contract Management Module, FlowControl, FM - Financial Module, MM - Management Module, OSM - Optimization & Simulation Module
- Services: LaaS, Consulting, Project Management, License Clearing, Software Recognition, Integration
- Customers: very large, large, and medium sized organizations, government and civil service agencies, international groups
Aspera in Aachen, Amsterdam, London, New York, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai
Many companies plan license management as an international or even global project. This is why today Aspera is used at locations around the world - from Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich to Amsterdam, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai.
Efficient project management and local partners guarantee rapid project progress and strong local commitment.