Why software license management?
Software licenses are virtual assets on which your company spends several millions each year. These assets have to be recorded and managed to ensure full utilization and avoid losses.
However, in most cases software is purchased decentrally by various departments using different order systems which results in difficulties to track and manage the assets.
Companies therefore have to ensure central recording of all software licenses purchased. In addition to legal compliance (each installation and/or use of commercial software must be covered by a license), financial aspects play a key role in this context because an accurate and up-to-date software inventory permits
- to buy updates instead of expensive full versions,
- to purchase only the number of licenses required and thereby avoid over licensing,
- to optimize contract terms by pooling your purchasing power, and
- to make urgently required licenses available just by transferring unused licenses of other departments to the respective requester.
The objective of software license management is hence to ensure both legal compliance and optimum procurement strategies. We assist you in achieving these objectives. Aspera offers technology and professional support for all software license management tasks you may require. Based on our experience and commitment, we help you to meet the challenges and work out alternative solutions to ensure full project success.
Software license management by Aspera
SmartTrack, our core product, pools the experiences of many years of providing license management consulting services and developing software license management systems. SmartTrack by Aspera is the world´s first web-based system that focuses on the management of usage rights. Its development is inspired by our customers´needs and requirements as this is the only way to ensure that SmartTrack continues to provide the functionality and features required in the dynamic field of software licencs management.
SmartTrack enables you
- map the license and contract models of all manufacturers,
- involve all software suppliers in the license management process,
- establish connections to all asset management and discovery/inventory tools,
- integrate every ERP solution via Web Service,
- manage licenses, updates, certificates, maintenance and contracts worldwide,
- configure your processes according to your needs and
- maximize your investment thanks to unlimited scalability.
Because the requirements described above were met, extensive process integration and global availability have helped our customers to
- reduce their software investments by up to 30%,
- ensure they can prove software compliance irrespective of vendors and manufacturers at any time,
- avoid under licensing or over licensing,
- use software licenses more efficiently, and
- optimally benefit from as well as monitor and communicate master agreements.
1-click license management
Only SmartTrack distinguishes between commercial data and license information.
The Aspera master catalog contains commercial/product use rights and technical data for more than 100 software manufacturers' products. This means the catalog covers 80% correct recognition of an entire software inventory directly out-of-the-box.