The Aspera Master Catalog contains data for more than 140 software manufacturers' products. This means the catalog covers out-of-the-box 80% of an entire raw software inventory.
One of the unique features of Aspera's Master Catalog is the unbeatable coverage of all types of data: purchase and product use rights information, and technical data for software recognition.
An abundance of important data for ensuring legal compliance and knowledge about product use rights is provided:
- Manufacturer article number with SKU,
- License metric,
- License model,
- Update or full version,
- Part of a downgrade path,
- Unlimited use rights,
- Pure maintenance contract,
- Point value and point category (Microsoft, IBM, Adobe, etc.),
- Maintenance type,
- Maintenance timeframe,
- Limited use rights, and much more;
And technical data, for example:
- Mapping of installation signatures/synonyms to licensed products,
- Rule based mapping following any criteria,
- Preprocessors for complex license metrics without a 1:1 relationship between use rights and measured component (such as Oracle database products or IBM PVU.
All this data is located together in one complete, centrally maintained database. The catalog is seamlessly integrated into SmartTrack's application design, providing the greatest possible benefit in terms of extensively automating all processes related to normalizing license and installation data.
Together with our other managed services: Extended Catalog, License Clearing, and Software Recognition, a complete process is set, where the high standard of Aspera's catalog data can be continuously applied to and extended for new and customized entitlement data.
The Aspera Master Catalog contains:
- Data for over 140 manufacturers.
- More than 180,000 unique SKU numbers.
- On average over 90% correct recognition of all line items to their respective SKU.
- 80% correct recognition of an entire raw software inventory directly out-of-the-box.
Aspera is a highly specialised provider of software license management solutions. Our unique license-centric approach has been successfully implemented in international projects since 2000.
More than 130 enterprises - including 20 Fortune Global 500 companies - rely on Aspera's license management expertise.