Software License Analyst
The world of Information Technology is changing daily, and new technology is reshaping how organizations manage and deliver their services to internal clients. A significant shift in the industry is the increased spend by organizations on Software and Cloud based services. Aspera has been a global pioneer in the Software Asset Management world over a decade.
To ensure continued excellence and an incomparable level of customer success, Aspera is expanding its Service Delivery organizations. This presents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to either enter or expand your experience within the growing SAM industry, and build a set of highly desirable and enviable skills.
The right candidate should be motivated, passionate about delivering customer success, excited about data analysis, and have a true self-starting approach to work.
As a Software License Analyst within the Service Delivery organization you will be responsible for helping Aspera’s customers build and maintain Software Compliance positions using Aspera’s leading software license management solution, SmartTrack. You will actively work with Aspera’s customers to help meet their business and operational SAM requirements, and deliver insight into both software compliance risks, as well as opportunities for cost avoidance. You will also play an active role in the successful delivery of customer projects while providing ongoing SAM support to existing customers.
- Analyze customer software license purchases, and software inventory data
- Perform data reconciliation and remediation activities to ensure data accuracy and quality
- Conduct software license research to support customers purchasing and contracting requirements
- Provide regular feedback to customer on data quality and accuracy, and assist customer as needed to obtain the required data where possible
- Provide end user functional support on the use of Aspera’s Technology
- Support presales and implementation activities on new customer engagements and projects
- Provide regular communication and reporting to internal and external stakeholders on the performance of contracted services
- Provide feedback on internal operations to improve the delivery of services
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience with Data Analysis including the ability to analyze, interpret, and match data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Ability to work well in a team environment with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Customer focused mentality
- Service oriented and critical thinker
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities with strong attention to details
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent industry work experience
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision
- Strong interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Skills and experience with Microsoft Excel is a plus
- Knowledge of software vendor licensing rules and terms including Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, and Oracle is a plus
- Working knowledge with software license management tools is a plus
- Knowledge of general IT operations, operating system management, databases and integration is a plus
- Industry Certification is a plus: ITIL, CSAM, CHAMP
We are looking for a fast learner, critical thinker, problem solver, and data analyzer, with a high level of personal accountability paired with a sound sense of humor. Candidate should be goal oriented with strong interpersonal communication skills within enterprise environments.
- Attractive compensation model
- Intensive training in the field of Software Asset Management
- Good work life balance in a positive working climate
- Career growth opportunities in a rapidly expanding organization
Desired experience: Software Licensing, and/or Data Analytics: 2 years
Job Type: Fulltime
Location: Boston (no remote employees)