Software License Specialist
Fulltime (40 hours/week)
The Software License Specialist is key member of Aspera's Global Software Vendor Team - a virtual team focusing on research, solution design and knowledge transfer. As a Software License Specialist you will play a key role in our company ensuring our teams have up to date vendor licensing and SAM solution information. Your ambition is not only to produce good documentation but to measure your success by building an excellent SAM solution. Your success is not only based on your existing experience and knowledge within (e.g. Software Auditing) but also your continued deep interest in Software products, licensing metrics and underlying technical requirements which drives your proactive research, communication and a hands on approach to our solution.
- Your primary role will be providing expertise for vendor-/product-/metric-related questions
- In order to maintain your expertise, you will identify relevant sources for vendor related information and build a network of valuable partners
- As a "Product Owner" for one/multiple vendors you will be working with our Product Portfolio Management team as well as our Development team and own the "Vendor Roadmap" for your specific vendor domain
- Your detailed research and documentation through various channels will provide the input for further product development and solution design
- You will manage external reviews of vendor specific SmartTrack components
- You will prepare training materials and conduct training on vendor details
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates should have strong communication and solid technical skills to work closely with Aspera's resources within different areas; such as, consultants, technical architects, licensing specialists and industry experts. Training will be provided to show how to lead projects to implement the tools and services for Software License Management. Software License Specialists work closely with Customers, our Partners, Development, Support and Service Teams to achieve the best result for the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and/or Information Systems
- At least 3 years of experience within a global software vendor environment such as license auditing license sales, product management for vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, SAP or other global software leaders
- Very good understanding of commercial/contractual aspects as well as the technical requirements of Software License Management in corporate environments
- Fluent in English and preferably also in German
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong Account Management skills to build relationships with customers
- Ability to garner a sense of urgency from project teams when applicable
- Problem solver when issues arise within the project team or with the customer
- Self-starter that can take the initiative to learn about the role, industry and Aspera specific processes and tools.