Aspera SmartCollect gathers all the data needed to calculate your software usage. From data center to cloud services, we gather, inventory, and clean your data, and easily scale in enterprise environments and complex IT. SmartCollect pulls in the essential software data for big vendors such as Microsoft, Oracle and IBM and for all your most important cloud services.
Talks directly to SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models to pull data about software consumption.
Whether it's 100 servers or 100,000 desktops, you get one integrated solution for all devices and systems.
Especially designed for big data centers and highly virtualized environments and field-tested for almost a decade.
SmartCollect is built to be flexible because your IT environment is constantly changing. Our data collection tool knows what information is essential for managing your licenses. Gather all the details on product installations, operating systems, running services and hardware assets – information that’s essential for managing your licenses.
SmartCollect is closely integrated with our Software Asset Management (SAM) platform, so you can quickly calculate what software products and cloud services are used, and if they’re being used correctly.
Cloud services require special attention for data collection. You’re looking for data about how a vendor’s services are consumed, not if a vendor’s software is installed or running.
Is the cloud software owned by your company, or rented under an agreement? Can you see past the network and security roadblocks? Do the cloud models let you bring your own licenses (BYOL), or allow a “hybrid” use of the cloud and on-premises? SmartCollect gathers data for all of these scenarios, and is closely integrated with our Cloud Optimization platform.
Covers network stations, virtual servers, desktops, laptops, and hardware assets like printers, scanners and audio devices.
Collects all the important details about your servers and software such as installations, versions, editions, options, and usage.
Connects to every vendor to collect all their important data -- such as Oracle, Microsoft, SAP, IBM, Adobe, Amazon, and VMWare.
SmartCollect finds all device information to build the foundation of your inventory. Get deep scanning and data collection of physical and virtual devices across your entire network.
- Gather a full range of data. Such as server name, host name, parent system, running services and open ports, and operating system name.
- Customize the discovery. Choose options for scanning the network, including picking the IP addresses and ports, or excluding IP ranges.
- Go fast or go deep. Run a Quick Scan for fast results or an Advanced Scan for even more detail.
- Automatically refresh network data. Set a daily, weekly, monthly, or by-date schedule to ensure the inventory is always up to date and sees new devices added to the system.
- Simple, fast data gathering. Automatically scans your network with agentless technology to discover what products are installed.
- Secure, reliable & proven. SmartCollect’s data collection process has been expertly field-tested in very large organizations for close to a decade.
- Oracle-verified for Oracle data. Have an Oracle-focused IT environment? This tool is verified by Oracle to produce the same data as their own tools in an audit or true-up.
- Reduce costs. See where to cut costs with server data and usage metering information such as CPU, RAM and disk usage
- Plan your capacity. See high watermarks, usage averages and peaks for a given period of time to monitor sub-capacity and capping.
- Dive deep and consolidate. Detect CPU-bounding — as just one example — to decide which and how servers can be consolidated.
- See data center infrastructure. Get a full inventory of host, guest, and storage machines by connecting directly to Hypervisors or physical servers.
- Stay flexible. Use both agent and agentless connections to deliver complementary results for optimal coverage.
- Flexible for on-premises or cloud. Supports both perpetual and SaaS solutions, and works with your industry requirements and security concerns.
- Deep details about servers Gather configuration data such as CPU details, RAM, metering, disk usage and virtualization details.
- Covers all server OS. Runs an agent for server OS such as HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Linux, and Windows.
- Covers all virtualized devices. Get detailed information about technology such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Oracle VM, LPAR, HP Integrity, and Solaris Zones.
- Gathers the VM settings. Details include: virtual CPU count, capping, CPU pinning, partition mobility, and hosting machine.
- Get secure. Ensure increased security by using agents as a single point of connection to the central server.
- Stay secure. Get maximum security and minimum network complexity with mono-directional and encrypted connections.