LicenseControl for Oracle is a dedicated license compliance tool that simplifies your Oracle environment’s complexity. It uses Oracle-verified discovery data to deliver a thorough analysis, accurate details, and smart reporting.
You get the insights that help you pay the lowest price for Oracle licensing. Take the surprise out of Oracle contracts and maintenance costs, and confidently prepare for audits and reviews.
It’s a challenge to know whether your Oracle environment is compliant. Oracle’s licensing schemes are complex and opaque, making compliance a moving target.
A primary difficulty is calculating Oracle’s licenses, depending on processor metrics, core factors and virtualization configurations. LicenseControl knows every rule and runs a detailed calculation for core factors and virtualization dependencies to produce accurate results.
LicenseControl takes complex situations into consideration such as false positives, Solaris containers, VMWare with versions, AIX LPAR, and HP-UX virtualization. Now you know exactly which Oracle licenses you need.
LicenseControl for Oracle feeds its high-quality discovery data into its dedicated optimization features. The data’s detail is granular, which gives you a deeper calculation for more comprehensive optimization.
From a single screen, you can detect and downgrade databases, exclude instances that could be a false positive, reduce maintenance costs by CSIs, and deactivate potentially expensive accidental activations, among other cost-saving actions.
The tool is now powerful enough to cover up to 200,000 servers, so it can discover and optimize the largest, most complex Oracle eco-systems.
Shows detailed information about database options, packs and usage, so you know why a license is needed
Covers all Oracle licensing models, metrics, licensing rules, and rule updates — including complex VM partitioning
Consolidates and manages all of your Oracle contracts in a single detailed database for a unified view
LicenseControl uses data that is verified to match the data from Oracle’s own tools in an audit or true-up. It sees what Oracle sees for your databases, options, data packages, and hardware — so you know the data is reliable.
Using discovery technology, LicenseControl knows how to find your Oracle data, and most importantly, how to interpret it. It’s a great alternative to installing some License Management Services (LMS) measurement tools, and you can produce the reports required for a ULA certification declaration.
Oracle will soon require licenses on some Java features, so whether you must pay or not for using Java will be a burning question. LicenseControl dives deep into your IT environment to detect all your Java products. It analyzes version, edition, and activation cause – which are crucial indicators for compliance. Then it gives you a straightforward report showing the gap between your Java usage and acquisitions, and the licenses you need to full that gap.
Built by a team of Oracle insiders,
and led by our chief developer who worked at Oracle for 22 years.
Our in-house Oracle licensing and contracts specialists provide consulting and managed services that are tailored to your needs.
Research is the heart of our technology. We keep on top of what Oracle is doing, so LicenseControl is always accurate.
LicenseControl for Oracle is the fastest route to mastering your Oracle environment. Here’s an overview of its deeper capabilities and their benefits to you.
- Simple, fast data gathering. Scan your network to discover what Oracle products are installed, even in large environments with thousands of servers.
- See the big picture. Get all the Oracle installations and usage details like editions, packs, and options, so you aren't surprised by forgotten deployments.
- View inventory in a dashboard. View the collected data clearly in a dashboard, including machine types, virtualization dependencies, and total number of products.
- Manage your ULAs. Ensure that each Unlimited License Agreement covers all of Oracle’s products and options that you expect, so there are no surprise costs.
- Lose what you don’t use. Remove unused products by recalculating or removing the complicated maintenance CSIs, so you can trim costs from your inventory without added expense.
- Optimize your databases. Detect databases with unused features and downgrade them to an affordable edition, such as from an enterprise edition to a standard edition or event PostgreSQL.
- Get the OSW declaration. Preparing for an audit? LicenseControl provides the Oracle Server Worksheet (OSW), saving you from manually declaring thousands of lines in spreadsheet.
- Uncover cost-saving potential. See where you can optimize the activated options, such as frequency and date of last usage.
- Watch the contracts. The user-friendly contract management feature makes it easier to assign licenses, create contracts, and take actions on your licenses.
- Tune out the false positives Exclusion management features can filter any Oracle server, instance, or option, so you can tune out the false positives, and simulate or handle specific contract agreements.
- Consolidate the servers. Discover the possible consolidations in your data center with reports on the CPU and memory consumption of servers.
- Manage by CSI numbers. Manage the details of your contractual obligations, and allocate contracts by Customer Support Identifier to your deployments.
- Decide your options. Automatically see which database options are activated and in use, so you can identify the mistakes and decide how to clear them.
- Stay alert. Set up automatic alerts to notify you when packages or options are activated, or software usage exceeds a set threshold.
- Detailed compliance reports. Get automatic reports that detail your risk of non-compliance for Oracle licenses, from a global overview and a server-by-server view.
- Excluded data reports. View key or mandatory information that is missing for compliance analysis of servers, products, and configurations.
- Source data reports. See detailed technical data for servers, products, and configurations that LicenseControl uses for its compliance calculation.
- Tight SmartTrack integration. A built-in connector brings the Oracle data from LicenseControl into SmartTrack, our industry-leading SAM platform, so you can easily move to full-featured software license management of all vendors.
Aspera is committed to bringing you the best solutions and services for all your Software Asset Management needs. Whether it’s in the cloud, on-premises, or in a unique hybrid environment, Aspera has the solution for you. Get a complete overview of our full product and service portfolio.