Automated analysis and reporting for Oracle Software Asset Management
Take the surprise out of Oracle contracts and maintenance costs. License Control for Oracle is a specialized solution that ensures you pay the lowest price for Oracle licensing. This dedicated tool collects every piece of Oracle software data, then optimizes your Oracle licenses and contracts to reduce costs.
License Control is verified by Oracle for use in the vendor’s own audits and true-ups, so you can be fully confident about the results. Get a clear view of your Oracle usage to make informed contract decisions and lower your maintenance costs.
Get an “oracle” for your Oracle
It’s a challenge to know whether your Oracle environment is compliant. Oracle’s licensing schemes are complex and opaque, making compliance a moving target.
A primary difficulty is calculating Oracle’s processor metrics, particularly the core factors and virtualization configurations. License Control knows every rule and runs a detailed calculation for core factors and virtualization dependencies to produce accurate results.
License Control takes complex situations into consideration such as false positives, Solaris containers, VMWare with versions, AIX LPAR, and HP-UX virtualization. Now you will know what Oracle licenses you need.
Automatically collects data
Discovers what Oracle products are installed and all licensing relevant data, even in highly virtualized data centers
Covers every metric and rule
Covers every Oracle licensing model and metric, and includes all Oracle licensing rules and rule updates—even for acquired companies
Shows all contracts together
Consolidates and manages all of your Oracle contracts in a single detailed database for a unified view
Verified data you can trust
License Control is an Oracle LMS-verified tool, so you know the data is reliable and trustworthy. It has been verified to produce the same data as Oracle’s own tools in an audit or true-up, so it sees what Oracle sees for your databases, options and hardware.
Using discovery technology, License Control knows how to find your Oracle data, and most importantly, how to interpret it. It’s a great alternative to installing some License Management Services (LMS) measurement tools, and it reliably produces the reports required for a ULA certification declaration.
Built by Oracle insiders
Built by a team of Oracle insiders,
and led by our chief developer who worked at Oracle for 22 years.
Supported by Oracle experts
Our in-house Oracle licensing and contracts specialists provide consulting and managed services that are tailored to your needs.
Research is the heart of our technology. We keep on top of what Oracle is doing, so License Control is always accurate.
See clearly into your Oracle future
License Control for Oracle is the fast and verified road to mastering your Oracle environment. Here’s an overview of its deeper capabilities and their benefits to you.
- Simple, fast data gathering. Scan your network with agentless technology to discover what Oracle products are installed, even in large environments with thousands of servers.
- See the big picture. Discover all Oracle installations and usage details like editions, packs, and options, so you aren't surprised by forgotten deployments.
- View inventory in a dashboard. View the collected data clearly in a dashboard, including machine types, virtualization dependencies, and total number of products.
- Manage your ULAs. Ensure that each Unlimited License Agreement covers all of Oracle’s products and options that you expect, so there are no surprise costs.
- Uncover cost-saving potential. See where you can optimize the activated options, such as frequency and date of last usage.
- Consolidate the servers. Discover the possible consolidations in your data center with reports on the CPU and memory consumption of servers.
- Manage by CSI numbers. Manage the details of your contractual obligations, and allocate contracts by Customer Support Identifier to your deployments.
- Decide your options. Automatically see which database options are activated and why, so you can turn off the mistakes.
- Stay alert. Set up automatic alerts to notify you when packages are activated or usage exceeds a set threshold.
- Detailed compliance reports. Get automatic reports that detail your risk of non-compliance for Oracle licenses.
- Seamless with SmartTrack. When you’re ready to optimize other vendors, you can easily move to our SmartTrack platform, for full-featured SAM.
Complete your SAM Toolbox
With full, centralized visibility into every usage and all accounts, License Control for Salesforce is the first solution to enable cross-Org transparency and cost optimization.