Automated analysis & reporting for Oracle License Management
Take the surprise out of Oracle contracts and maintenance costs. License Control for Oracle is a specialized solution that ensures you pay the lowest price for Oracle licensing. This dedicated tool analyzes every piece of Oracle software data, then optimizes your Oracle licenses and contracts to reduce costs.
License Control uses Oracle-verified data to help you before the vendor's audits and reviews, so you can be fully confident about the results. Get a clear view of your Oracle usage to make informed contract decisions and lower your maintenance costs.
Get an “oracle” for your Oracle License Management
It’s a challenge to know whether your Oracle environment is compliant. Oracle’s licensing schemes are complex and opaque, making compliance a moving target.
A primary difficulty is calculating Oracle’s licenses, depending on processor metrics, core factors and virtualization configurations. License Control knows every rule and runs a detailed calculation for core factors and virtualization dependencies to produce accurate results.
License Control takes complex situations into consideration such as false positives, Solaris containers, VMWare with versions, AIX LPAR, and HP-UX virtualization. Now you know exactly which Oracle licenses you need.
Gives details, not black box
Shows detailed information about database options, packs and usage, so you know why a license is needed
Covers every metric and rule
Covers all Oracle licensing models, metrics, licensing rules, and rule updates — including complex VM partitioning
Shows all contracts together
Consolidates and manages all of your Oracle contracts in a single detailed database for a unified view
Verified data you can trust
License Control uses data that is verified to match the data from Oracle’s own tools in an audit or true-up. It sees what Oracle sees for your databases, options, data packages, and hardware — so you know the data is reliable.
Using discovery technology, License Control knows how to find your Oracle data, and most importantly, how to interpret it. It’s a great alternative to installing some License Management Services (LMS) measurement tools, and you can produce the reports required for a ULA certification declaration.
Built by Oracle insiders
Built by a team of Oracle insiders,
and led by our chief developer who worked at Oracle for 22 years.
Supported by Oracle experts
Our in-house Oracle licensing and contracts specialists provide consulting and managed services that are tailored to your needs.
Research is the heart of our technology. We keep on top of what Oracle is doing, so License Control is always accurate.
See clearly into your Oracle future
License Control for Oracle is the fastest route to mastering your Oracle environment. Here’s an overview of its deeper capabilities and their benefits to you.
- Simple, fast data gathering. Scan your network with agentless technology to discover what Oracle products are installed, even in large environments with thousands of servers.
- See the big picture. Get all the Oracle installations and usage details like editions, packs, and options, so you aren't surprised by forgotten deployments.
- View inventory in a dashboard. View the collected data clearly in a dashboard, including machine types, virtualization dependencies, and total number of products.
- Manage your ULAs. Ensure that each Unlimited License Agreement covers all of Oracle’s products and options that you expect, so there are no surprise costs.
- Get the OSW declaration. Preparing for an audit? License Control provides the Oracle Server Worksheet (OSW), saving you from manually declaring thousands of lines in spreadsheet.
- Uncover cost-saving potential. See where you can optimize the activated options, such as frequency and date of last usage.
- Consolidate the servers. Discover the possible consolidations in your data center with reports on the CPU and memory consumption of servers.
- Manage by CSI numbers. Manage the details of your contractual obligations, and allocate contracts by Customer Support Identifier to your deployments.
- Decide your options. Automatically see which database options are activated and in use, so you can identify the mistakes and decide how to clear them.
- Stay alert. Set up automatic alerts to notify you when packages or options are activated, or software usage exceeds a set threshold.
- Detailed compliance reports. Get automatic reports that detail your risk of non-compliance for Oracle licenses, from a global overview and a server-by-server view.
- Excluded data reports View key or mandatory information that is missing for compliance analysis of servers, products, and configurations.
- Source data reports. See detailed technical data for servers, products, and configurations that License Control uses for its compliance calculation.
- Seamless with SmartTrack. When you’re ready to optimize other vendors, you can easily move to our SmartTrack platform, for full-featured software license management.
Complete your License Management Toolbox
10 Tips to Anticipate and Manage an Oracle Audit
Oracle’s complex licensing models make metering usage extremely challenging. This webinar addresses the key aspects you need to be ready for an oracle audit.